Rad Soap + SynRG Integrative Health & Wellness team up for Lyme Disease Awareness Month!
May is Lyme Disease Awareness month and an important opportunity for us to bring awareness to one of the many diseases that ticks can carry. It's crucial to protect yourself now more than ever.
In addition to using the amazing RAD products to prevent tick bites, we want to give you some additional preventative tips for the season. Rumor has it, ticks are out in full force this year! Follow the guidelines below to for ultimate protection:
- Wear light-colored clothing so that you can see those ticks
- Wear long sleeves and pants if possible.
- Spray your outdoor clothes with permethrin which is an insecticide (meaning it kills ticks!) Never use this on your skin (that’s what the RAD spray is for!)
- Take a hot shower and do a thorough tick check when you come in.
- Tuck pant legs into your socks (this is not the time to be a fashion plate!)
- Reapply the natural, non-toxic tick spray from our friends at RAD every 2-3 hours when outdoors
- Do frequent tick checks and carry a lint roller, frequently rolling your clothes when outside
- Throw your clothes into a hot dryer when coming inside for at least 15 minutes.
If you have recently been bitten by a tick, please reach out to us! Remember, ALWAYS save an engorged tick for further testing.
check them out below!